Welcome to my space in the blogosphere. Visitors are welcome to follow my attempts to find my feet in this new environment. It could be a bumpy ride but you know what they say "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Week 9

Am i the only person left in the world who doesn't have an MP3 player? I didn't ever own or use a walkman (tape or CD) and i don't want an Ipod or whatever - it's an earphones thing: i don't like listening to anything through earphones; i do not like them stuck in my ears, i do not like them perched on my head, i do not like green eggs and ham, i do not like them Sam i am! But i'm happy to have my computer chat away to me and more than happy to listen to some of these interesting bits and pieces.
Podcasting is a great idea. I think this format would be wonderful for online university studies; when you are doing a degree through a variety of far flung universities, to be able to tune in to a lacture would be a most useful thing.
There are lots of possibilities for public libraries; living library, oral histories, connecting with children and teens, book readings, programs for housebound readers are some that come to mind. Podcasts could also be used as another tool for staff training and knowledge sharing.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

No - I have an empty ipod and a $20 gift voucher waiting to be used - maybe I will get the confidence to do it now after completing this course!

pls@slnsw said...

I am not so keen on things in my ears either ... but to be able to listen to TGIF and my other favourite ABC radio shows is worth it!
Mylee (PLS)