Welcome to my space in the blogosphere. Visitors are welcome to follow my attempts to find my feet in this new environment. It could be a bumpy ride but you know what they say "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Week 7

Don't know why, but i've been struggling to find enthusiasm for this week's activities and it's taking me a l o n g time to complete but at last it's time to roll out the cliches and report that I am back in the saddle, there is light at the end of the tunnel and that while the road may be long, the rewards are rich.
Del.icio.us is another great tool for libraries particularly for reference and research work. Having a central spot set up with lots of reliable sites that all staff have access to and can add to is such a great, efficient, time saving way of doing things and the tags, and especially tag clouds, mean that library clients can search in an intuitive, fun way to get a great result.

LibraryThing was just what i needed to revive my flagging spirits! What a lovely spot for book lovers. I had a look at the Moonee Valley Library cataloge (Horizon)example on LibraryThing for libraries and really liked the way it sits in the catalogue.

No comments: